Thread: Dell Optical Mouse Keeps Freezing

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Dell Optical Mouse Keeps Freezing

Hi All,

As the title suggests, my Dell optical mouse will freeze at random and then if i do not reload the USB drivers soon after my USB keyboard will also freeze.

This seems to be a recent problem as I have been happily running ubuntu for little over a year, apparently people with a similar problem can get it working using an older kernel and someone suggested I remove the "quiet splash" setting from grub which I will try when I get out of work although I can't see how that should effect the USB drivers..

But back to the point, any threads google has lead me too seem to have not been resolved, I love ubuntu so please help!

Cheers
    Last edited by raafe; November 7th, 2009 at 02:45 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Re: Dell Optical Mouse Keeps Freezing

Hi again, managed to sort this one myself - anyone using a Dell Dimension E521 will probably have this issue, it can be resolved by either upgrading the bios via the Dell website (can only be done if you have windows installed on the machine) or by plugging your keyboard and mouse into a powered usb hub (i used my monitors built in hub)

Guy

Beans

Optical mouse

THATS PROBLEM USED TO OCCUR MANY TIME WITH ME BUT NOW IT HAS SOLVED BY YOU THANKS.

Solar Power, Solar Panel

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Re: Dell Optical Mouse Keeps Freezing

Your welcome!

Guy