Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M GPU

Beans

Re: NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M GPU

I Did like you Said

I can't give you the right sentence because i don't remember

after i add those two lines it boot and then the Screen turn to White with black color in stripes background

please help me

Thank you

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Thank you so much for this VERY HELPFUL information. I got it going thanks to this thread.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by omarlekphet View Post
    I Did like you Said

I can't give you the right sentence because i don't remember

after i add those two lines it boot and then the Screen turn to White with black color in stripes background

please help me

Thank you

Sorry for the delayed reply; perhaps you've gotten it to work in the meantime, but if not then I'll try to help *but* unfortunately I won't be in a position to offer much because I'm fully new to Ubuntu, and I don't actually know what went wrong in your installation. Anyway I'll post some thoughts here in case it's at least helpful...

For one thing, I can tell you that I too had what sounds like that symptom when I was trying first to get the nvidia driver installed. Unfortunately I now don't remember(!) exactly when I had that symptom, nor what I did to solve it!! Probably what I did was basically to start over. If you are able to read this, and if you were starting with a fresh installation of Ubuntu when you got into that jam then my opinion would be to start over would likely in the end be less trouble than trying to fix what's wrong now. You might not agree---nor be in a position to start from scratch---and if not then hopefully you can find a different solution---perhaps somebody here who knows more can post some helpful thoughts...

What I think happened to you though was that you lost the use of every graphics driver on your system. WHen I used the "Hardware Drivers" menu item I never had to do any sort of disabling of nouveau; I assume that that was done by the installer of the driver (if necessary).

You could try booting from the installation disc and seeing if you can either delete the xorg.conf file or actually I would try first editing it. One way or another you might be able to get to where you can at least have a low res display, from which you could try to fix the problem.

Hmm. I'm sorry but I guess I don't have much to offer in the way of help. If I think of anything I'll post again though.

Anybody else...???

Beans

Hot news: 256.44 driver fixed the issue with detection screen.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

For people with vaio f11 laptop, as I am, I suggest to look google vaio f11 linux, there is a project with all the tips to make linux and therefore ubuntu to work on this marvellous laptop

Gianluca
    Be free! Use your mind!

Beans

Smile Re: NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M GPU for Sony vaio VPCCW26FA

Hi to all

I've been looking for a solution for my VGA blank screen after installing Ubuntu 10.10

all posts lead me to no where

i found the solution myself and it was easy

This type of Sony laptop is designed for 64X so i installed Ubuntu 64 X then i installed Nvidia drver from the orginal website and installed it , and everything worked fine

PS i edited the GRUB by adding nomodeset in the boot

Thanks
    hope it work with you

Firas

Beans

Lightbulb Re: NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M GPU

If you wanna use the nVidia proprietary driver with 10.10 x64, you should use version 256.53

The current version 260.19.12 (Oct 2010) will leave you on a blank screen.

The current steps, I've taken on my laptop Sony CW27FX (i5, 4 GB RAM, nVidia GT330M):

Code:
    sudo apt-get --purge remove nvidia*
    sudo apt-get install binutils gcc
    sh NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-256.53.run
    The first command uninstalled every nvidia package installed with your distro (nvidia-96, nvidia-173, etc).
    Explanation: if you try the nVidia installer it will halt with a error message because there is a small piece of code (script) one some of these packages.

The 2nd will install binutils and gcc.
    Explanation: They are required by the nVidia installer

The 3rd. will install the driver.

Regards,
    vm

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by vmforno View Post
    If you wanna use the nVidia proprietary driver with 10.10 x64, you should use version 256.53

The current steps, I've taken on my laptop Sony CW27FX (i5, 4 GB RAM, nVidia GT330M):

Code:
    The first command uninstalled every nvidia package installed with your distro (nvidia-96, nvidia-173, etc).
    Explanation: if you try the nVidia installer it will halt with a error message because there is a small piece of code (script) one some of these packages.

Regards,
    vm
    Wow! worderful
    Thanks for the solution..
    I had been searching this for past five hours without success.
    Isn't it work for i386 32 bit version of maverick ubuntu (10.10)

Iksf is offline Just Give Me the Beans!
    Beans

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by vmforno View Post

Code:

Regards,
    vm
    wow! worked perfectly! Ubuntu 10.10 64-bit with NVIDIA 330M ... thnx

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast