Thread: Telnet program that can emulate Wyse 60?

Beans

Telnet program that can emulate Wyse 60?

I'm looking to run a lite version of linux on some old machines at work that currently only run windows 98. I was hoping someone might recommend a good distro for the purpose. Also I must have a telnet client that can emulate a Wyse 60 as that is the emulation our windows based telnet clients use.

Thanks
    Jesse

Beans

Re: Telnet program that can emulate Wyse 60?

Any further with this?
    I've struggled to find a gui Wy60 emulator which is stopping me use Ubuntu. There is PowerTerm by Ericom, but this is just too expensive.
    I've tried wy60, but this is too basic. I need to be able to map keys and setup user profiles for colours, key mapping etc. I (and my customers) use AnzioLite on Windows, so I'm looking for a similar terminal emulator of Linux. I've tried installing AnzioLite on Ubuntu 10.04 with Wine, but while Anzio installs ok, it wont run without serious errors.

Anyone come across a solution?

PS. To help those beginners who may find this thread (like me), here's the Wy60 command:
    wy60 -c telnet <ip address>
    Last edited by mpwox11; September 27th, 2010 at 05:45 PM.

psusi is offline Ubuntu addict and loving it
    Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Just use plain old telnet in a console?

Beans

But you can you create custom keyboard mapping and colours with 'plain old telnet'?

For the application that I telnet into, I need to be able to use some of the function keys and therefore need to assign their function.