Thread: Wacom Bamoo automatically clicks

Beans

Question Wacom Bamoo automatically clicks

Hello,

I run Linux Mint 7 32bit
    I have a problem with my wacom bamboo tablet. It should work out of box, but when I´m moving the pen above the tablet it thinks I´m clicking. For example, on the desktop it creates a selection-square, while I'm not touching the tablet at all. The back of the pen(eraser) works well.
    So I think the problem has something to do with the mapping of the functions. Anyone knows how to fix it? I also tested it on an Ubuntu 9.04 pc. I had the same problem with windows 7, but there are no official drivers for win 7. I will also try to test on windows xp.

sorry for my bad English

thanks
    Timme

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Wacom Bamoo automatically clicks

Hi timmevandermeer,

It sounds like you may have the stylus set to "hover" mode. Type 'wacomcpl' in a terminal. When the gui pops up select 'stylus' and then 'Tool Buttons'. In 'Tool Buttons' change 'Side Switch Mode' from "Side Switch Only" to "Side Switch + Tip".

You have to have 'wacom-tools' installed from Synaptic Package Manager. It has to be the same version, 0.8.2-2 linuxwacom I think, as the already installed xserver-xorg-input-wacom. If not install it and reboot.

If there is still no response from 'wacomcpl' in a terminal try entering:
    Code:
    xsetwacom list
    The output should be stylus, eraser, cursor (if you have the Wacom mouse), and pad. If it is blank that's why 'wacomcpl' won't work.

That's a problem with how the 10-wacom.fdi is parsing the names being returned by HAL. To see what HAL is calling things enter:
    Code:
    xinput --list
    A modified 10-wacom.fdi that parses the names correctly is in post #176 here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=967147&page=18

Beans

Thanks for the help, but after following the instructions, the problem still appeared. Also the hover settings already were correct. The tablet has worked well for a few minutes before I followed the instructions, and the same problem occured in Win7. I think it´s broken since it works sometimes. I will return it to the store. I bought it only a few weeks ago, but my sister smashed on it, no too hard, but it might have been anough to break it.

thanks for helping me
    Timme

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I have the same issue with my Genius Mousepen. How can I fix this problem?