Thread: Bluetooth mouse connection problem

Hybrid View

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Bluetooth mouse connection problem

I have a logitech bluetooth travel mouse (M-RBB93. I am using Ubuntu Release 9.10 (karmic) kernal Linux 2.6.31-20-generic GNOME 2.281.1.

When I try to connect it using the "Set Up New Device..." button under the bluetooth icon it finds the mouse when it searches for new devices, but when I try to connect it it tells me: "Setting up 'Bluetooth Travel Mouse' failed".

Also, whenever I move the mouse I get the following message:

"Grant access to '00001124-0000-1000-8000-00805f9b34fb'
    Device " Bluetooth Travel Mouse" (00:07:61:49:F5:39)
    wants access to the service
    '00001124-0000-1000-8000-00805f9b34fb'.

[] Always grant access
    Reject Grant"

Here is a screen shot of the error:

No matter how many times I grant access or whether or not I check the "always grant access" box, it just keeps asking me the same thing whenever I move the mouse and the bluetooth detects it.

I am sure it is not the bluetooth antenna, which is a Kensington Bluetooth USB Adapter 2.0 Model# K33348b, because I have connected other blue tooth devices such as my phone and a keyboard.

I have searched these forums and it seems to work fine for everyone else. If someone could help me out that would be great, also I am new, so if you need more information, please let me know what I need to provide and, if possible, where I can find it.

Thanks Everybody!
    Last edited by mikeee99; April 15th, 2010 at 12:42 AM. Reason: I forgot to list the type of Bluetooth antenna I'm using.

Beans

Re: Bluetooth mouse connection problem

Hi!

I have a Toshiba NB200 netbook and a Logitech M555b bluetooth mouse, and the symptoms are exactly the same.

Some time ago I managed to solve it, but in the meanwhile I reinstalled ubuntu (in both situations vesion 9.10, although this time I have the netbook remix) and I can't remember anymore where I found the solution.

I'll keep looking and leave here an update if I find it.

Beans

Well, this was eventually solved by simply using the "Connect" button in the mouse.
    After doing it, the pairing was successful.
    I guess I should have thought about that before searching for solutions in the forums.

Beans

I am having the same problem with a Logitech MX Revolution Mouse that I have been using for a long time on a Windows PC. I just made the switch to Ubuntu and am very new to it, no matter how much I play with the connect button, it keeps refusing access to the service. Please Help.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by ravensqu View Post
    I am having the same problem with a Logitech MX Revolution Mouse
    If you are using Ubuntu 10.04, Lucid, you should be aware that there's a general problem with mouse and keyboard connected via bluetooth.
    My computer is a Dell Vostro 400 which supports the bluetooth from the BIOS level, and there are no problems with Windows or earlier Ubuntu versions, except I had to uninstall all bluetooth managers.
    With 10.04, however, there's no connection even with the server version, before the desktop software (gnome) is loaded.

Serious problem. Can't use 10.04. I wonder if I'll be able to use any later versions....
    If it works, FIX IT! (Bill Gates)

Beans

Crap that really sucks. Lucid is the best distro I have found so far, this is the only thing I have found that doesn't work. I was speaking to a friend about the problem and he was saying there was some way to adjust the auto-paring of the mouse to all 1's or all 0's. Was thinking of an onboard bluetooth connection not through the adapter? I'm still very new to Ubuntu so I don't know much about this. Thanks for all your help.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by ravensqu View Post
    I am having the same problem with a Logitech MX Revolution Mouse that I have been using for a long time on a Windows PC. I just made the switch to Ubuntu and am very new to it, no matter how much I play with the connect button, it keeps refusing access to the service. Please Help.
    I was only able to solve things with the "connect" button after seeing that dialog with "Grant access to 'DEVICE ADDRESS'".
    After installing ubuntu (either 9.10 or 10.04), first I had to follow the instructions I found in this thread (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...215665&page=12) (the post from jeroenimo on page 12). Before that the bluetooth adapter wasn't even recognized.

Hope it helps.

Beans

Im able to follow the instructions up to the point where I build omnibook-source. But when the progress bar hits 23% I get this error in the module-assistant:

Code:
    for templ in ; do \
        cp $templ `echo $templ | sed -e 's/_KVERS_/2.6.32-24-generic-pae/g'` ; \
      done
    for templ in `ls debian/*.modules.in` ; do \
        test -e ${templ%.modules.in}.backup || cp ${templ%.modules.in} ${templ%.modules.in}.backup 2>/dev/null || true; \
        sed -e 's/##KVERS##/2.6.32-24-generic-pae/g  ;s/#KVERS#/2.6.32-24-generic-pae/g ; s/_KVERS_/2.6.32-24-generic-pae/g ;  s/##KDREV##/2.6.32-24.39/g ; s/#KDREV#/2.6.32-24.39/g ;  s/_KDREV_/2.6.32-24.39/g  ' < $templ > ${templ%.modules.in}; \
      done
    [ ! -f Makefile ] || /usr/bin/make KSRC=/usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.32-24-generic-pae clean
    make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/modules/omnibook'
    make -C /usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.32-24-generic-pae M=/usr/src/modules/omnibook clean
    make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.32-24-generic-pae'
      CLEAN   /usr/src/modules/omnibook/.tmp_versions
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.32-24-generic-pae'
    rm -f -r *~ "#*#" .swp
    rm -f -r debian/omnibook-source *-stamp
    rm -f -r Module.symvers Modules.symvers
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/modules/omnibook'
    dh_clean
    /usr/bin/make  -f debian/rules kdist_clean kdist_config binary-modules
    make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/modules/omnibook'
    for templ in ; do \
        cp $templ `echo $templ | sed -e 's/_KVERS_/2.6.32-24-generic-pae/g'` ; \
      done
    for templ in `ls debian/*.modules.in` ; do \
        test -e ${templ%.modules.in}.backup || cp ${templ%.modules.in} ${templ%.modules.in}.backup 2>/dev/null || true; \
        sed -e 's/##KVERS##/2.6.32-24-generic-pae/g  ;s/#KVERS#/2.6.32-24-generic-pae/g ; s/_KVERS_/2.6.32-24-generic-pae/g ;  s/##KDREV##/2.6.32-24.39/g ; s/#KDREV#/2.6.32-24.39/g ;  s/_KDREV_/2.6.32-24.39/g  ' < $templ > ${templ%.modules.in}; \
      done
    [ ! -f Makefile ] || /usr/bin/make KSRC=/usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.32-24-generic-pae clean
    make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/src/modules/omnibook'
    make -C /usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.32-24-generic-pae M=/usr/src/modules/omnibook clean
    make[3]: Entering directory `/usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.32-24-generic-pae'
    make[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.32-24-generic-pae'
    rm -f -r *~ "#*#" .swp
    rm -f -r debian/omnibook-source *-stamp
    rm -f -r Module.symvers Modules.symvers
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/modules/omnibook'
    dh_clean
    sed -i -e 's/_STEM_/linux/g' debian/control
    dh_testroot
    dh_clean -k
    dh_installdirs lib/modules/2.6.32-24-generic-pae/extra
    # Build the module
    /usr/bin/make KSRC=/usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.32-24-generic-pae KVERS=2.6.32-24-generic-pae
    make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/src/modules/omnibook'
    /usr/bin/make -C /usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.32-24-generic-pae SUBDIRS=/usr/src/modules/omnibook modules
    make[3]: Entering directory `/usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.32-24-generic-pae'
      CC [M]  /usr/src/modules/omnibook/init.o
    /usr/src/modules/omnibook/init.c: In function ‘omnibook_init’:
    /usr/src/modules/omnibook/init.c:294: error: ‘struct proc_dir_entry’ has no member named ‘owner’
    make[4]: *** [/usr/src/modules/omnibook/init.o] Error 1
    make[3]: *** [_module_/usr/src/modules/omnibook] Error 2
    make[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.32-24-generic-pae'
    make[2]: *** [omnibook.ko] Error 2
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/modules/omnibook'
    make[1]: *** [binary-modules] Error 2
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/modules/omnibook'
    make: *** [kdist_build] Error 2
    Does anyone have an idea how I can get this to build properly?