Thread: KDE reads and installs fonts from disk even though I do NOT want them installed

Beans

KDE reads and installs fonts from disk even though I do NOT want them installed

Ubuntu 10.10, up to date KDE.

I got quite a collection of fonts on one of my disks. I noticed that my KDE reads the folder the fonts are stored in and installs them all, even though I don't think I ever pointed it to that folder, and certainly I never instructed KDE to install them. They trash my applications.

I started font installer and "switched off" the fonts in question, only to notice that KDE moved them somewhere else, from the folder I store them.

I don't want them installed automagically, I don't want them moved from my folder. I want KDE to get the hell out of my private disk and let me decide what to install and when. How to do that? Is there some hidden config?

Thanks for any help.

Beans

Re: KDE reads and installs fonts from disk even though I do NOT want them installed

Solved.

I edited file
    /home/abd/.config/font-manager/directories.conf
    and eleted the line that was pointing to the folder with fonts in question. Font-manager stopped seeing the folder, no more trouble.