Thread: No cedilla in KDE apps (and no usual fix works)

Beans

No cedilla in KDE apps (and no usual fix works)

Hello everyone !

I experience a weird problem with my newly installed Ubuntu 10.04.

I use a us international keyboard with dead keys. Every of my GTK apps do a ç when I press the ' + c keys. but my KDE apps don't.

As I had the same issue with my 9.10 build, I tried to replace every ć from the /usr/share/X11/locale/en_US/Compose with ç, but it didn't work, even after rebooting or creating a new user. I'm stuck with the ć.

Does someone have any idea on how I could fix that ?

Thanks !

Beans

Re: No cedilla in KDE apps (and no usual fix works)

Same thing here with Lucid.

Edited /usr/share/X11/locale/en_US.UTF-8/Compose, did the replacing and all QT applications still give me ć instead of ç.

Deadkeys are working, if I type '+e I get é.

Tried to log out and restart. Funny thing is that this fix used to work since 6.10 (my first Kubuntu install).

Maybe is a X11 problem ? Lucid doesn't have an xorg.conf and X11 might need an InputDevice section ?

Beans

The same here guys, there is a long time now I always the same fix. This time, it did not work. Any ideas?

Beans

I don't know how to solve this, but I can offer one thing to try that could help, and another alternative that works around the issue.

First, try entering this in a terminal, and then log out and back in or reboot. See if it works as you want it to after that. (sort of unlikely.)
    Code:
    $ im-switch -s default-xim
    Second, you could instead set up a Compose key, and use compose+,c to get ç. You can define a Compose key in System Settings -> Regional & Language -> Keyboard Layout. You have to first pick Enable keyboard layouts to make the options in the Advanced tab available. Then scroll down to the Compose Key Position section in there and pick a key.

Beans

Hey, Zorael!!! You 1st solution worked for me )

All the previous fixes for Kubuntu did not work for me in Lucid (KDE apps). But "im-switch -s default-xim" did the job

Thanks!
    Leo

Beans

Fixed mine as well, thank you very much! You rock.