Thread: can't drag app windows between multiple monitors

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

can't drag app windows between multiple monitors

This is the first time I've had a multiple monitor setup and some application windows cannot be dragged between them. Have tried resizing the ones that done't work but they refuse to move. Gimp is one example, Chromium browser works most of the time but not always...using 12.10 64bit....

Any ideas ?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate Development Release

Re: can't drag app windows between multiple monitors

Have noticed similar problems in 12.10 in that, if I drag the window slowly from left to right, if I then let off the mouse when the window is mostly gone from the left monitor, the window then bounces back to where it was originally.

Is this what you're experiencing?

I can get around that, usually, by just "throwing" the window to the right very quickly such that when I lift off the mouse, it's far enough into the right monitor that it stays there.
    Ubuntu 20.04, Mint 19.10; MS Win10 Pro.
    Will not respond to PM requests for support -- use the forums.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Re: can't drag app windows between multiple monitors

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Phelps View Post
    Have noticed similar problems in 12.10 in that, if I drag the window slowly from left to right, if I then let off the mouse when the window is mostly gone from the left monitor, the window then bounces back to where it was originally.

Is this what you're experiencing?

I can get around that, usually, by just "throwing" the window to the right very quickly such that when I lift off the mouse, it's far enough into the right monitor that it stays there.
    Not quite what I'm experiencing - what happens with my setup is that an app, like the Chrome browser, when I go drag it between monitors, it will stop at the edge of one of the monitors. I've tried resizing it (smaller) thinking that might help, and no luck. I tried as you suggested and that worked once for me but I couldn't repeat that successfully.

Also, wanted to add, that it only occurs when moving from left to right...
    Last edited by wgarider; February 2nd, 2013 at 03:11 PM. Reason: added additional detail