View Poll Results: Do you support the request for a sub-forum dedicated to web design/development?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

47 94.00%
  • No

3 6.00%
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Request for a web development sub-forum

Beans

Request for a web development sub-forum

We have no clear place for web developers, except for the "Programming Talk" forum, which only attracts people doing scripting for the web. I feel that a "Web Development" forum would be benificial to everyone. This includes the newbies asking simple HTML questions in a Programming Forum, and the Web questions scattered about the "General Help" and "Absolute Beginners" forums.

This forum would be good for the (X)HTML, CSS, ECMAScript (and derivatives) and Server Side Scripting questions. Also, this forum would be the perfect place for requests to critique a site, or ask for suggestions for personal web pages.

Please consider this from a person who would love to answer web development questions, but sees such questions randomly posted with some hesitation ("Hi,l don't know if this is the right place to post this...").
    Last edited by LaRoza; October 22nd, 2007 at 05:31 AM.

Beans

Re: Request for new sub-forum

+1
    The former asjdfwejqrfjcvm msz34rq33
    UbuntuForums member #98464 | Ubuntu Help & Support
    Never run any command unless you understand exactly what it will do. [link]

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by asjdfwejqrfjcvm msz34rq33 View Post
    +1
    Good, I have support, now we need more people supporting this. (Asking in Cafe...)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

I like this idea. It seems like a lot of people around here do some form of web design, either as a hobby or for a living, and it would be great to have a specific place to discuss it where we wouldn't be off-topic (i.e., in the main support forums) or lost in the sea (in the Cafe).
    I am aware of all internet traditions. | Getting the best help | Text formatting codes | My last.fm profile
    Should I PM support questions? NO!

Beans

Red face Re: Request for new sub-forum

Quote Originally Posted by LaRoza View Post
    We have no clear place for web developers, except for the "Programming Talk" forum, which only attracts people doing scripting for the web. I feel that a "Web Development" forum would be benificial to everyone. This includes the newbies asking simple HTML questions in a Programming Forum, and the Web questions scattered about the "General Help" and "Absolute Beginners" forums.

This forum would be good for the (X)HTML, CSS, ECMAScript (and derivatives) and Server Side Scripting questions.

Please consider this from a person who would love to answer web development questions, but sees such questions randomly posted with some hesitation ("Hi,l don't know if this is the right place to post this...").
    Actually I think a better idea would simply be a Third Party Forum for ThinkBuntu's website:

Reference ThinkBuntu's signature:
    Need help with CSS and web design? CSS Forums | CSS Forums - Wiki

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by RAV TUX View Post
    Actually I think a better idea would simply be a Third Party Forum for ThinkBuntu's website:

Reference ThinkBuntu's signature:
    That is only for CSS, and is a very helpful forum.

There are forums for everything, but since UF gets a lot of Web design/development related questions, I think the single account should be able to be enough for a small sub-forum for web design. It could even be a sub-forum of the Programming Talk, but I think it deserves its own place.

Beans

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...13#post3596913

Perfect reason to make this forum.

(This forum would handle web site evaluation and opinions also, not just the coding.)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Excellent idea!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Web Design is no doubt an art, it could belong in several places...

Art & Design Sub-Forum is one.. :/

I suppose it belongs.

Beans

+1

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast