Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: Get proper video resolution with trident video card and Ubuntu 8.04

Beans

Re: HOWTO: Get proper video resolution with trident video card and Ubuntu 8.04

thankyou thankyou thankyou

I didn't even need to do the last couple of steps but it is working on my toshiba satellite pro 4600, and i couldnt be happier now using ubuntu

thanks again.

Beans

Perfect! Worked like a charm! Thanks!

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

Thank you!

Beans

Your fine HOWTO perfectly solved my probs with a CyberBlade on my old Toshiba Satellite Pro 6000....

Many thanks from Germany for this great help!

loewenkind2

Beans

I am always amaze about the community around Lunix and how resources we all have together. Humanity still have a chance.....
    Anyway thank you for that post i have been working on that for a week now i edited my xorg.conf file in multiple ways and always the same resolutions were available. I have to say i skipped the whole thing and went directly with the "sudo displayconfig-gtk"and it worked right away (after reboot). No live CD or reinstall.

Thank you that's made my day

I have a Toshiba A20 Trident Cyberblade.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Looking for any assistance on figuring out which Video Card is in my Toshiba Terca 8200. Toshiba's specs state that the card is a Trident XP card, that's all it said. Tried calling their support and they could only give me that much info. So if anyone would know how to obtain this information or has an educated guess, it would be greatly appreciated.

I loaded Edubuntu on the laptop and was going to find a school to give it to (better than throwing it out) but the resolution is 640x480 and there is a 3+ inch black bar all the way around the screen. I hope to fix this so I can make it usable...
    Ubuntu Gusty (7.10)
    IBM T23 Laptop
    20GB HD - 256 MB Ram (hope to upgrade soon)
    Wi-Fi and Verizon PC5740 EVDO Card working.

Beans

Thanks a lot. I am a new user to linux and was after searching quite a bit had almost given up on finding a solution to this resolution problem. AFter installing ubuntu 8.04 on my My laptop I was getting a 800x600 resolution screen instead of the native 1024x768.

I have a Toshiba A25 S3072 laptop (I beleive it is similar to S307 which has a 2.8 GHz processor but mine has 3.06 Ghz) and has a Trident Cyberblade XP2 graphics processor according to the manual.

I had tried a variety of solutions in vain. Finally I found this blog and the solution provided by thewogg worked out. I just copied the xorg.conf file given by thewogg (just the section below the input device section into my xorg.conf file) and it worked just like thenymph mentioned. JUST PERFECT

Thank you to both ilovelinux33467 for putting the first detailed post on this issue which has helped so many and brought so many comments and alternative solutions and to thewogg for posting the alternative solution for people like me and to thenymph for pointing out that this works.

Thank you to all the others here who are taking the time out to help each other by sharing their knowledge. Linux is a great community.
    Last edited by mpitch; September 19th, 2008 at 06:13 AM.

Beans

Thanks! This did the trick on my Toshiba Portege 4005.

Thumbs down Re: HOWTO: Get proper video resolution with trident video card and Ubuntu 8.04

Weeks of searching for the answer to this problem and you provide a solution that takes 15 mins (and worked from an already installed Xubuntu)! Kudos and thanks to you!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Quote Originally Posted by iClouseau88 View Post
    Hello ilovelinux33467,

Thank you so much. Your method works but I had to modify it a bit. Here's why.

1. My rig is Toshiba Satellite Pro 4600 with dual-boot Win XP-Hardy. I updated to kernel 2.6.24-19 but this gave me a 800x600 resolution, i.e. a large black border around the screen (Bug # 185440 regarding xserver-xorg). Also found that displayconfig-gtk is NOT installed and graphic card for Trident Cyberblade driver is missing.

2. I re-installed displayconfig-gtk.

3. Because the Hardy Live CD doesn't boot, I skipped Step #1 and Step #7. In Step#6, I also hit the Resolution button and selected 1024X768. Other than these, I followed your method and it works! Now everything is back to normal as far as display goes.

Thank you kindly.
    Do you have any problems with battery life? I have a Toshiba Satellite Pro 4600 too.

Anyway, followed the instructions and now I have 1028x768. You rock, kid!

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast