Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Canon Pixma iP1900 series

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Canon Pixma iP1900 series

does anyone know where to find Dapper/Hardy driver for Canon Pixma iP1900 series. (Exact model is Pixma iP1980).
    i have tried driver for Pixma iP1800 and it doesn't work. thanks.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: Canon Pixma iP1900 series

^^^^bump^^^^

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

It works now (but only on Hardy), using Canon ip1800series driver from:

http://caletalinux.blogspot.com/2007...tu-feisty.html

i guess it will never work on Dapper. i have tried to convert the package with alien in Dapper, but still doesn't work.

Beans

Hi there,

I found these .debs on the Canon website,they are for Version 3 of the Debian Linux printer driver. They are for the ip1900 canon printer.

Would these work and on which distribution dapper, hardy, heron, feisty?

Steve.
    HP nx6310 laptop, CeleronM 1.46ghz, 1.2gb DDR2 PC4200 ram, Intel graphics chipset, Mint 8.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

thank's. but since i have migrated to hardy, i can't tell whether these will work on dapper or not.

edgy, and feisty is no longer supported, and dapper and gutsy will be obsolete soon, so i guess the problem will naturally disappeared as the time move on. so i will mark this as solved.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Hi. I've installed, properly this printer, after a while. I'm a Kubuntu Intrepid User. Greetings from Guatemala.

If you have troubles installing this printer, delete all references/tries/fails/etc related to this printer. Let's do it as we just brought from the store knowing all we need to know.

Turn off the printer (and/or unplug if necesary/wanted).

You have to download the drivers in canon-europe's site. The drivers are at http://software.canon-europe.com/products/0010647.asp.
    Find under "Operating System > Linux" and download "Debian Linux Printer Driver (3.0)".
    Download to a folder (it's own folder) anywhere (better desktop). Then, let's go to konsole (or equivalent).

First we must install libcupsys2 with the following order:
    $ sudo apt-get install libcupsys2
    Next go to folder we used to download the driver:
    $ cd /path/to/your/folder
    Next we need to untar the dowloaded file
    $ tar -xf iP1900_debian_printer.tar
    Now we will have 3 files on this folder (+ original tar downloaded file).
    (In my case I've untargz the "tar.gz" file inside, but don't think that this is necessary, how ever if you wanted or need to doit:
    $ tar xvzf cnijfilter-common-3.00-1.tar.gz)
    Then let's install:
    $ sudo dpkg -i *deb
    This will install the two deb packages included in the downloaded tar file that will install the proper drivers in the computer database.

Now that are installed, exit the konsole and then let's go to CUPS web manager in our favorite browser (firefox rocks) to http://127.0.0.1:631

In the page go to Admin and find the button that says "Find new printer" and then follow the assistant.

Hope this helps someone. If you have troubles finding out what to download, this is the file my browser reports as downloaded:
    http://software.canon-europe.com/fil...an_printer.tar

Feed back with comments.

Mario Soto
    mariosoto [at sign here] cancuen [dot here] net

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

thanks cancuen. welcome to the forum, don't hesitate to post more on this forum.

as far as i know, this printer is just work in hardy and later (including Intrepid) without needing additional drivers.
    but thanks for the info anyway. i just know that canon is officially releasing driver for linux. and because this driver is came from canon, it's supposedly better than the common driver included in the ubuntu packages.

Beans

Gracias! cancuen, I'm kindda new to this ubuntu and stuff, just installed the 9.04 "Jaunty Jackalope" (what is the deal with those names!!??) and my canon ip1900 didn't work but after installing the .deb downloaded from the canon website you gave, I switched my printer again it recognized it automatically and its now working.

(I'm only using english to keep the "universality" of the forum) I'm also from Guate!!

cheers!

Beans

Hello,

Please update your post if your problem has been solved or even to mention that it works for some people. The information in this reply will probably be useful to other people, so you may like to include it too.

My system is Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy on AMD64 .

I got the debian package from the Canon website: http://software.canon-europe.com/products/0010647.asp . It gives a TAR ball with 2 deb packages within and incomplete source. Since I'm on AMD64, it didn't want to install right away (it's for i386).

I used dpkg --force-architecture -i <package> on both deb packages, reopened the Printers dialog and modified the printer to use the new driver. It's in the end of the list (iP1900).

Seems to work just fine.

Best regards,
    hri

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Cancuens HOWTO worked like a charm. Thanks a LOT!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast