Thread: solution to ath9k wireless problem on 10.10

Beans

Smile solution to ath9k wireless problem on 10.10

I am writing this post in the hopes that anyone with the same problem will find this to be perhaps a solution.

I started having problem with my wireless connection on my ASUS EEE PC 1000HE after upgrading to 10.10. Getting an IP from my router seemed to be hit or miss. I disabled my wireless a few weeks back while on the train to conserve battery power. I tried to turn the wireless back on after getting home, but I could not get my wireless to work. I was able to use a wired connection. I upgraded the wireless drivers for ath9k, but that did not solve the problem. However, it did seem to improve the strength in the signal. I tried hard coding the wireless information in /etc/network/interfaces but that did not work. I tried turning on debugging with modprobe ath9k debug=0xffffffff but that did not reveal anything. I had a dual boot, so I check the windows boot and the wireless worked fine on there. I finally came across an entry in daemon.log regarding the DHCP process. Device 'wlan0' IP6 addrconf timed out or failed. I looked over issues to try to figure out how to disable ipv6 by changing settings in /etc/sysctl.conf. These did not work for me. Finally I came across a post to check out the Network Connections.

System -> Preferences -> Network Connections and clicked on the Wireless tab. I selected my router's ESSID and then clicked edit. under the IPv6 tab I changed the drop down from automatic to ignore. As soon as I did this, my connection came back up.

Best Regards

Ty

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: solution to ath9k wireless problem on 10.10

Hi

As suggested on my system IPv6 is set to "ignore" but I still have the simillar problem. Most of the time my system soes not connect to AP, somethimes it does randomly.
    I do not know what it causing problem?

Any help would be appriciated.

Thanks
    thanks
    vig